Elliot has a wide variety of experience that makes him the most qualified choice to be our next District Judge.
1) Elliot is the only candidate with federal level administration of justice experience. He was a law clerk for The Honorable Jeffrey A. Deller at the Federal District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania giving him real world experience in the administration of justice, setting him apart from any other candidate.
2) Elliot was elected and served as Judge of Elections for 4 years while living in Pittsburgh.
3) Elliot has experience in large law firms. Prior to law school Elliot served as a paralegal at Arnold and Porter, one of the largest law firms in Washington D.C. He served as a law clerk there during law school as well. As a practicing lawyer, Elliot has worked at two of the largest law firms in Pittsburgh, Eckert Seamans and Reed Smith.
4) Elliot has small law firm experience. During college at Penn State, Elliot spent summers interning locally at Hopkins Heltzel LLP. He currently is engaged in private practice in DuBois.
5) Elliot has Non-Profit experience. Elliot has spent the past five years as Compliance Counsel for Penn Highlands Healthcare in Dubois. He also served on the Ethics Committee. Prior to that Elliot did pro-bono work for the low income Elder Law Clinic with the University of Pittsburgh School of Law.
6) Elliot has Corporate Law experience with Oil and Gas companies. Elliot worked for some of the biggest Oil and Gas companies in the United States. Elliot spent five years at EQT, Atlas Energy, and Rice Energy.
In summation, Elliot has the variety of experience necessary to ably and successfully serve as our next District Judge.